#39in39

I finally got around to posting my #39in39! Only a few months later than I had wanted. I am over half way through my #40in40 already! Each year, I create a yearly "bucket list." Sometimes the list creates itself and sometimes it takes a lot of work to come up with. I have also learned to create my lists around the travels that I do. I am always looking for recommendations of things to add to the list!

1. Solo 2 week road trip

2. Montana


. I went to Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Glacier National Park, Banff, Grand Teton, and Yellowstone!








3. Glacier National Park. This was one of the best places I have hiked! It was beautiful! I even did some white water rafting in ice cold glacier water!

3. Grinnell Glacier

4. Highline Trail. I thought this trail was 7 miles but I was wrong. It was 11 and it was beautiful!




5. Car Camp. When I bought my car a few years ago, I put the seats down in the back to make sure I could stretch out and sleep in my car! 


6. See a bear on a trail. Original audio not available! 

7. 3 new states, WT, WY, and ID

8. See humpback whales. I LOVED this! I even cried! They are such magnificent creatures!

9. Canada

10. Grand Teton National Park. This park is stunning and has bears!





11. Million Dollar Cowboy Bar

12. Yellowstone National Park

13. Banff Canada

14. Drink tea at a tea house. I love tea and I love hiking! The hike started at Lake Louise and ended at the Beehive but a quick stop at this tea house is a must!








15. Hike the Beehive

16. Conceal and Carry

17. Hot air balloon. This was on my list last year but we had to push it to the next day so it made this list! This was fun and peaceful! I must if you are in New Mexico... or anywhere that offers hot air balloon rides!



18. Shania Twain

19. Elevation Worship. I love to listen to worship music and I used to go to Elevation when I lived in North Carolina. When they came to town I bought myself and my bestie tickets! 











20. Cabo Mexico



21. Fermented Shark. Do not recommend. I had a video but I couldn't find it to add it to this post. I gagged on it but I am always up for a challenge.... well, usually!

22. Marble Canyon






23. Via Ferrata- Mt. Norquay. A via ferrata means the iron path or trail. Instead of hiking a mountain, you scale it on the side. Very exhilarating. 

24. Lake Louise. The view at this lake is absolutely amazing!





25. Jump in Glacier Water- Morriane Lake. Morraine Lake is also extremely blue and extremely cold. It's all glacier water so think about 30 some degrees. In and out. I was walking by a couple and she wanted him to jump in with her. He said no so I said yes. She was amazed that a stranger would do it but it was worth it! Memories made!

26. Go To The Sun Road- GTTSR

27. Old Faithful

28. Grand Prismatic

29. Swim with pigs. If you want to do this, I can set you up with my brother and he can take you in a pond. Checked it off my list.

30. Grand Bahama Island

31. Girls Trip with MBG. My niece and I took our first girls trip to my old stomping grounds in Fort Lauderdale! We had a lot of fun and I even got to feed a flamingo! I also embarrassed her by making a Waffle House video for Instagram! I think I did well!


32. Charleston S.C.

33. Theodore Roosevelt National Park. The Canada fires made this park cloudy but it was still a great stop! 


34. Medora Musical. This guy sat behind me and I made a joke about his cowboy hat. We all had a good laugh!


35. The Gorge. I was supposed to do this zipline adventure after I defended my dissertation but a mudslide came through so my friends and I did it for girls weekend!












36. Iceland. My family and I went here to start the celebrations to my 40th birthday! This was a great way to end 39 and ring in 40.


37. Sky Lagoon. Due to volcanic activity we couldn't do the Blue Lagoon but the Sky Lagoon was already on our list. They have a cold pool. I made it 2 minutes which is 1 minute longer than my big brother! 


38. Golden Circle. If you head to Iceland, this is a great day trip and has multiple stops. I adventured into a cave and someone snagged this epic picture!

39. Northern Lights...... I have no words, really. It was absolutely spectacular. This was at 3am! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Than a Season

Why I Started Adventure Traveling

Yellow Days: How to Feel Warm, Sunny, and Alive